1. Syracuse- The Orange take over our number one spot thanks to an overtime win over Duke on Saturday.
2. Florida- The Gators continue to win, the addition to Mcdonalds All American Chris Walker makes them a for sure title contender.
3. Arizona- Zona suffered two crucial losses on Saturday night at Cal. First of all they dropped their first game of the year thanks to a Justin Cobbs jumper with one second remaining. But maybe an even biggerwas losing starting forward Brandon Ashley for the season after breaking his foot
4. Kansas- The young Jayhawks suffered their first conference loss of the year at Texas. This doesn’t mean they don’t belong in the talks as one of the best teams in the country. The Longhorns would have beat any team in the country that day, and for that I give the Jayhawks a pass.
5. San Diego State- Marcus Thames is quietly one of the best guards in the country. This Aztec team still only has one loss, and that was to an outstanding Arizona team.
6. Wichita State- The Shockers stayed undefeated this week, and I expect it to stay that way for the next couple weeks. Theres no doubt this team is good enough to run the table in the Missouri Valley.
7. Michigan State- No team has been hit with injuries worse than the Spartans. Without Adrian Payne, and Branden Dawson the Spartans suffered a tough loss to a struggling Georgetown team. However, don’t forget this team went into Iowa and got a win. One of the more impressive road wins of the season.
8. Michigan- The Wolverines were red hot going into Assembly Hall. Yogi Ferrel and the Hoosiers were too much on Sunday and snapped Michigans win streak. With that said, I still believe this Michigan team is a top 10 team.
9. Cincinnati- Cincinatti has been one of the most quiet teams all year, but they just continue to win ball games. They had a very impressive road win early in the week at Louisville that pushed them into our top 10.
10. Duke- Yes, we know Duke lost. How can they be in the Top 10? Well heres your answer. They went to overtime against the number one team in the country, in one of the toughest atmospheres anyone will face all year. This Blue Devil team is starting to hit their stride, and it was clear on Saturday.
11. Villanova- The Wildcats had a nice week, however they dropped a few spots not because of anything they did, simply just because we felt other teams were very impressive.
12. Iowa State- The Cyclones went into Allen Fieldhouse and took Kansas down to the wire, thats impressive in its self. But the also knocked off a hot Oklahoma team, which was enough for us to move them up.
13. Texas- Is there a hotter team in College basketball right now? I dont think so. This young Longhorn team played their best game of the season Saturday when the Jayhawks came to town. They are now only one game behind Kansas in the Big 12 race.
14. Creighton- Picked up a win against St. Johns this week. They have now won 13 of their last 14.
15. Iowa- This Hawkeyes team has suffered some losses this year, but they have yet to lose to a bad team. Thats why they are right in the race to win the Big 10.
16. Oklahoma- The Sooners are sitting in third place in the best league in the country.
17. Saint Louis- They have now won 14 straight, and their only losses are to a really good Wichita State team, as well as a Wisconsin team that was playing as good as anyone back when they knocked off the Billikens.
18. UCONN- The Huskies moved up thanks to the struggles of all the other top 25 teams. They have a chance to make a statement this week as they take on a hot Cincinnati team.
19. Louisville- The Cardinals continue to struggle. However, they really don’t have a truly bad loss. Thats why we are keeping them in the top 20.
20. Kentucky- The Wildcats got a much needed road win at Missouri. But they also got absolutely out played on the road at LSU.
21. Oklahoma State- The Cowboys were suppose to challenge the Jayhawks streak of 9 straight Big 12 Championships. That doesn’t look to be the case anymore after they dropped two game this week at OU, and against a struggling Baylor team.
22. Memphis- The Tigers got embarrassed on the road at SMU. They have a big game coming up against Gonzaga.
23. Gonzaga- Speaking of the Zags, they have quietly reeled of six straight and have made their way back into the top 25.
24. Virginia- The Cavaliers had one of the more impressive weeks with wins at Notre Dame, and at Pittsburgh
25. SMU- The Mustangs made a statement on Saturday, as they absolutely blew out the Memphis Tigers.